Splunk Search

Where can I find information on searching in Splunk such as syntax and available commands?

sheetal75

How can I give Search commands in Splunk search bar ?

Is there a specific syntax for that ? Is there a list of available commands ? If yes, where can i find it ?

I am trying to search in answers community, but can not find it.

Is there any limit on number of questions I can ask in a day on answer community ? I am new user and wondering, if this restriction applies for new users ? If I want to ask few questions (which I may have), how can I do that ?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Karma

hortonew
Builder

There is a splunk irc channel on EFnet if you want more of a conversation with your questions.

irc.efnet.org

#splunk

ppablo
Retired

Hi @sheetal75

@kml_uvce and @ChrisG have provided the perfect starting resources for your question.

As for asking questions here on Answers, there is no limit on how many you can post, however, since you are new to Splunk, most of your initial concerns can be found in Splunk's documentation (docs.splunk.com/documentation ). You should go through the Search Tutorial first as referenced by the other 2 awesome answers given on here. From there, if you're getting stumped and you can't find what you're looking for in the documentation, then post your specific question and be as detailed as possible in your content so Splunk veterans can come in and save the day.

Hope that helps and welcome to the Splunk community 🙂

Patrick

0 Karma

ppablo
Retired

Also, as a courtesy to folks who have given you helpful answers to any of your questions, be sure to upvote them by clicking on the up arrow on the left side of their response or the little thumbs up icon on the bottom right corner of comments. This will award them karma points, and as you become more familiar with Splunk and contribute more to this space (posting useful questions, answers and comments), then you'll be seeing upvotes and karma coming your way too :).

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The complete search processing language is documented in the Search Reference.

If you are brand-new to Splunk Enterprise, go through the Search Tutorial.

There is not a limit on the number of questions you can post to Splunk Answers. You will get a better community response if your question is clear, very specific, and demonstrates what you have already read about and/or tried on your own.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...