Splunk Search

When searching for status errors, how to remove the most frequent error from results to properly display the others in a visualization?

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm creating dashboards for the error status. We currently have 3 different statuses (200,404, and 0). The '200' status is the most common which accounts for ~13,000 while the Status '404' has a count of 5 and the Status '0' has a count of 2. I'm using a barchart to get a visualization of their frequencies and the 13,000 '404s' makes the other 2 statuses appear as they are zero.. How can I remove the 200 Status so I can just see the '404' and '0' statuses?

I tried using |outlier with no luck.. My current query is below

index=uv Status="| STATUS |* " | top Status

0 Karma
1 Solution

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I ended up having to do this statically by using the limit=2 command.

Below is my query

index=uv Status="| STATUS |* |" | rare limit=2 Status

View solution in original post

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I ended up having to do this statically by using the limit=2 command.

Below is my query

index=uv Status="| STATUS |* |" | rare limit=2 Status

ppablo
Retired

Have you tried adding Status!=200 to your search?

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That doesn't work since the Status is enclosed in pipes. Any idea how I could get rid of the most frequent 200 call?

0 Karma

ppablo
Retired

hmm what does your table of results look like with your current search? Is there a "Status" column displaying values 200, 404 and 0 with their respective counts?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...