Splunk Search

When do I move Lookup files to a KVstore? How big is the limit of the Lookup File before moving it to a KVstore? Please.

SamHTexas
Builder

Also please guide me on how to optimize my Lookups for more efficiency. When does one use Lookups vs KVstores? Thank u very much

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @SamHTexas,

if you're using the outputlookup command you have the limit of 10,000 results

In addition I have in mind the limit of 50,000 rows, but I don't remember where I saw this.

Anyway, in the choose between csv and KV Store you should have in mind two thing:

• number of rows,
  • staticity.

if you have a static  tavble you can use csv, if you have a frequently modified table, it's better to use KV Store.

About number of rows, until some thousands of rows (1000, 2000) I continue to use csv, then I'd pass to KV store.

In addition, if you have to update some fields of some rows (as a db), it's easier to use KV Store because the table unique key is managed by Splunk.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @SamHTexas,

if you're using the outputlookup command you have the limit of 10,000 results

In addition I have in mind the limit of 50,000 rows, but I don't remember where I saw this.

Anyway, in the choose between csv and KV Store you should have in mind two thing:

• number of rows,
  • staticity.

if you have a static  tavble you can use csv, if you have a frequently modified table, it's better to use KV Store.

About number of rows, until some thousands of rows (1000, 2000) I continue to use csv, then I'd pass to KV store.

In addition, if you have to update some fields of some rows (as a db), it's easier to use KV Store because the table unique key is managed by Splunk.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...