Splunk Search

What would be the impact of disabling real time searches for existing dashboards and reports?

paimonsoror
Builder

Hi Folks;

Wondering what would be the impact of disabling real-time searches for existing reports/dashboards? Of course when we set up Splunk, we never set the default to disable RTS. Now users are hosing our concurrency with running real-time searches and impacting performance.

I read the documentation on how to disable on default, and also how to disable per role, but how will that impact existing reports and dashboards that are using RTS?

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

The existing dashboards (for panels which are using real-time search), reports and alerts which are using real-time search would stop working.

View solution in original post

somesoni2
Revered Legend

The existing dashboards (for panels which are using real-time search), reports and alerts which are using real-time search would stop working.

paimonsoror
Builder

Ok good to know, so that will be a nice battle to fight. I'll have to communicate out to users before blind-siding them.

Thanks for the quick response!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...