Splunk Search

What is the most efficient way to reconcile the data from 2 indexes and create a report?

iamsplunker
Communicator

I wanted to reconcile the data from 2 indexes say index=A and index=B both indexes have some common fileds like field1,field2,field3,field4,field5

at the end I wanted to compare the data from index A and index B side by side with time span of 1s.

The report should display _time index1 index2 source field1 field2 field3 field4 field5 and difference between the 2 indexes eventcount or any other.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi, 

1) is this an one time report task or you want this report to be run weekly/monthly, etc

if you want to run this report weekly/monthly, then, summary indexing (link), report acceleration(link) will help you very good. 

2) how big the two indexes are.. 

0 Karma

iamsplunker
Communicator

@inventsekar Do you have any examples/sample search to share for my requirement.

0 Karma

iamsplunker
Communicator

hi @inventsekar , Thanks for your response. For now it's a one time report. I'm looking for a sample search to accomplish this.

we have about ~ 3-5K events per day

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...