Splunk Search
Highlighted

What is the keyboard shortcut for the Splunk 6.5.0 search bar formatting on a German keyboard?

Contributor

Hi forum,

I'm currently searching for a way to use the new Splunk 6.5.0 feature "query formatting" on a German keyboard. When I switch my German keyboard to US it's working like expected using CTRL+\ (on german keyboard "#"). When switching to German it's neither working the CTRL+AltGr+"\" (right to 0) nor with "#" key 😕

Any hints?

Regards,

Andreas

Highlighted

Re: What is the keyboard shortcut for the Splunk 6.5.0 search bar formatting on a German keyboard?

Champion

Maybe, try
CMD+AltGr+"\"

Are you able to type the other two characters on the same key of "\" (beta and ?)

0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: What is the keyboard shortcut for the Splunk 6.5.0 search bar formatting on a German keyboard?

Contributor

nope - just to make sure - I'm using a Windows client. CMD would be Windowskey within no luck so far..

0 Karma
Highlighted

Esteemed Legend

I can't tell you directly but I am certain that you can use a keyboard mapping tool to reprogram the key sequence of your choice to send the key sequence necessary. It is overkill but it should work. Try any of these:
http://lifehacker.com/5883003/the-best-key-remapper-for-windows

0 Karma
Highlighted

Contributor

well, the workaround without 3rd party sw is to switch to US using STRG+SHIFT

before hitting us: CTRL+\ = de: CTRL+#

and switch back using STRG+SHIFT

I might try to open a call for it.

Regards,

Andreas

Highlighted

Path Finder

CTRL + ^ works for me.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Contributor

WOW ... great, thanks .. makes my day!

0 Karma
Highlighted

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

A similar question was asked by a customer who uses a Norwegian Keyboard (below):

https://www.datacal.com/image/popup?imagePath=%2fimages%2fproduct%2flarge%2f310.jpg

There is a §| key above the Tab key (left of the 1) and that produces the \ character within Splunk.

Pressing Ctrl+§| enables Search Bar formatting in Splunk 6.5.x. This was confirmed to work by the customer.

That is the same physical location of the ^ character on a German T2 Keyboard

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_keyboard_layout#/media/File:German-T2-Keyboard-Prototype-May-20...

0 Karma
Highlighted

Path Finder

I downvoted this post because this key combination does not work.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

On german keyboard CTRL + ^ works on Windows in Chrome, not in Firefox.