Splunk Search

What are some best practices to import data from an Oracle database table (not database logs)?

scottrudy
Engager

I have a very large Oracle database table that is being used as a log sink for an application. There is high transaction throughput on this table. I would like to get the data in this table (not about this table) into Splunk as real time as possible. Unfortunately, I do not have access to the source in order to add a log sink directly to Splunk. I realize I could read the data and move it in batches, but I'm wondering if there are any less-intensive options such as transaction log replication. What is the best practice for moving this type of data?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

AFAIK, the only method Splunk has for reading a SQL database is the DB Connect app.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...