Splunk Search

Visualization of the count of users' event counts

brajaram
Communicator

This is probably a simple answer, but I'm pretty new to splunk and my googling hasn't led me to an answer. So I'm trying to write a query that looks like this:

index=<> sourcetype=<> | stats count by uid

A simple query, just get the number of events per UID(User ID). What I want to display, however, is a visualization of the counts per user ID. For example, if I have 5 user IDs that have 5 events, 6 user IDs that have 6 events, and 7 user IDs that have 3 events, I want a graph that displays 3 columns, with the X-axis being the specific values(3 events, 5 events, 6 events), and the Y value being the corresponding counts of users that fit within those counts(7, 5, 6 specifically).

Its probably a very simple solution, but I can't seem to find an answer, so I'm hoping to find it here. Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this

index=<> sourcetype=<> | stats count as EventCount by uid | stats count as UserCount by EventCount

View solution in original post

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this

index=<> sourcetype=<> | stats count as EventCount by uid | stats count as UserCount by EventCount

brajaram
Communicator

Thanks for the quick response! I was trying things in that vein but couldn't get it to work, but your solution worked perfectly.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...