Splunk Search

Using subsearch we can pull several fields to main search, but the returned fields will be by default run with AND condition. Is there a way to pull multiple fields and run with OR condition ?

Uday_Gonti

Ex:
sourcetype=abcd [search sourcetype=xyz field1=200 | table field2,field3,field4] which will be literally

sourcetype=abcd [search field2="returned value" AND field3="returned value" AND field4="returned value" ]

Is it possible to run

sourcetype=abcd [search field2="returned value" OR field3="returned value" OR field4="returned value"]

given that the field name conventions are same in both the sourcetypes.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You can fully control the logic of a subsearch by appending on to the end of it the format command:

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Search/Changetheformatofsubsearchresults
In your case, though, just do this:

sourcetype=abcd [search sourcetype=xyz field1=200 | stats count by field2,field3,field4 | fields - count]

BY default, everything IN a row gets merged with an AND and then everything ACROSS rows gets merged with an OR. Your original search was all one row, thus it got AND; my search is 3 rows, thus it gets OR.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You can fully control the logic of a subsearch by appending on to the end of it the format command:

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Search/Changetheformatofsubsearchresults
In your case, though, just do this:

sourcetype=abcd [search sourcetype=xyz field1=200 | stats count by field2,field3,field4 | fields - count]

BY default, everything IN a row gets merged with an AND and then everything ACROSS rows gets merged with an OR. Your original search was all one row, thus it got AND; my search is 3 rows, thus it gets OR.

0 Karma

deepashri_123
Motivator

Hey@Uday_Gonti,

You can try running this:
sourcetype=abcd field2="abc" OR field3="xyz" OR field4="vbg"

Let me know if this helps!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...