Splunk Search

Is there a way to make automatic lookups only use the local lookup table that exists on my search head?

Flynt
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

From my search flashtimeline I can tell my search head in a distributed environment to only use the local lookup file by adding local=true to my lookup statement. Is there a way to make automatic lookups only use the local lookup table that exists on my Search Head?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

hexx
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Looking at props.conf.spec and transforms.conf.spec, there doesn't seem to be a way to configure an automatic lookup to occur only locally on the search-head.

Time to file an enhancement request!

View solution in original post

nunoaragao
Explorer

To @potnuru  and others that might fall here .. there is a setting on transforms.conf called replicate to: 

Indicates whether to replicate CSV lookups to indexers

rquish
Engager

This is the solution I was looking for. The lookup definition UI does not have the option to keep it local like the SPL does. This is effectively making the lookup local wherever/whenever called.

Thanks for insight... better late than never 🙂

0 Karma

hexx
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Looking at props.conf.spec and transforms.conf.spec, there doesn't seem to be a way to configure an automatic lookup to occur only locally on the search-head.

Time to file an enhancement request!

potnuru
Path Finder

Hi @hexx Is there a way to configure an automatic lookup to occur only locally on the search-head now?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...