Splunk Search

Users are constantly being prompted to "take the tour" when logging into Splunk 6.4.1

mikelanghorst
Motivator

After I upgraded my Splunk environment to 6.4.1, my users are reporting that they are repeatedly prompted as a new user would to take the tour for the app. I notice for users that are not getting it, under etc/users/username/app/local/ui-tour.conf will have a viewed = 1, while other users do not.

Any idea why this is occurring?

0 Karma
1 Solution

teunlaan
Contributor

We noticed when there is an new app with tour (ITSI), it wil allways pop-up the tour as long there is nothing configured in the new app.

So are the users "working" with app or just open it?

The is also a global setting to Ignore the tours.
Place ui-tour.conf in etc/system/local with

[default]
useTour = false

View solution in original post

teunlaan
Contributor

We noticed when there is an new app with tour (ITSI), it wil allways pop-up the tour as long there is nothing configured in the new app.

So are the users "working" with app or just open it?

The is also a global setting to Ignore the tours.
Place ui-tour.conf in etc/system/local with

[default]
useTour = false

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Sounds like a permissions issue on the filesystem. Check that the owner of the Splunk process has write permission on that users folder.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...