Splunk Search

Use Splunk for a Static Value Lookup

JeffBothel
Explorer

I have a data store that information is far faster and more reach to get to with Splunk and I am trying to figure out a way to generate information from one piece automatically from this source. In this specific example I tried the following

| inputlookup datastore
| search [setfields server_ip="10.22.10.250" | lookup dnslookup clientip as server_ip output clienthost as server_fqdn | fields server_fqdn]

But this is not rendering the information that I am looking for. The IP that I am using does have a corresponding server_fqdn value in the inputlookup datastore specified (I used a known good sample for this). I am hoping someone might be able to spot what I am not seeing in terms of syntax or value handling and offer a suggestion as to how to get this to work.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

starcher
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm not exactly sure what you intended. But try this as a different way

| makeresults | eval server_ip="10.22.10.250" | lookup dnslookup clients as server_ip output client_host as server_fqdn | lookup datastore server_fqdn OUTPUTNEW
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...