Splunk Search

Use Lookup to control searches how can i use a value at the lookupcsv as a variable for earliest=$variable$

mklhs
Path Finder

Hello together,

i got the task to make 3 searches in total controllable over several systems via a csv.

The CSV looks something like this:
host, search_1, search_2, param_search_1, param_search_2, e-mail

host_test, 1, 1, 10, 20, bla@web.de

the 1 in search_1 and 2 should mean that the respective search is active for this host system.
param 10 is the variable from when search_1 should trigger an alarm.

The search_1 should tell me if the host_test has not sent any events for more than 10 minutes.
search index=blue earliest=$param_search_1$ sourcetype=foo host=$host$

only it doesn't work quite the way I want it to... does anyone have any idea how I can use a CSV to parameterize the searches?

0 Karma

manjunathmeti
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can write search_1 and search_2 like this:

index=blue  sourcetype=foo | eval search_1=1 | lookup file_name.csv host search_1 OUTPUT param_search_1, e-mail | where _time > relative_time(now(), "param_search_1")

index=blue  sourcetype=foo | eval search_2=1 | lookup file_name.csv host search_2 OUTPUT param_search_2, e-mail | where _time > relative_time(now(), "param_search_2")
0 Karma

mklhs
Path Finder

Hey Thank you!

i have a little problem with this query. My Target is to alert here if a host dont send the data in like 10 min. So i have a list from all hosts with params, but this query only shows me the hosts how send data. I need the hosts without data und write this to a outputlookup.
Additional Information: i dont know if it help but all hosts in the list have another "param_search_1"

As Information i have a lookupfile whith recent alarms. i use this lookup file to exclude specific hosts from the search for like 30 min, thats works fine !

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...