Splunk Search

Uploading data to Splunk Cloud instance but unable to search it in Search & Reporting

akhan94

I'm attempting to follow along with a Splunk Fundamentals training which requires me to upload a few files (csv, linux_secure & a DB file) & then navigate to the Search & Reporting app to make a few queries on the data. I'm uploading the files correctly since I'm following along with the steps and it gives me successful upload prompts, note that I'm just uploading files from my computer so its very straightforward. Once I navigate to the Search & Reporting app I expect to be able to view the global stats in the "What to Search" box however in my instance I don't see that section at all. After I make a basic query it returns me with zero results.

I'm selecting "All time" when I search - please let me know what the issue is since I know it can't be anything with the installation since I'm just using a Splunk Cloud instance. Please let me know if I'm missing something since I would've assumed this a pretty straightforward exercise.

Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 2.50.16 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-11 at 2.51.28 AM.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma

aasabatini
Motivator

Hello,

Can you share the basic search? do you remember which index you use?

Regards

Alessandro

“The answer is out there, Neo, and it’s looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.”
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...