Splunk Search

Unknown search command 'gentimes'.... can anyone help to find if this command has been discontinued in Splunk?

accragv1
Explorer

When Trying to run below query in Splunk search:

| gentimes start=-1 | eval YourDate="3:21:34 PM 10/14/2016" | table YourDate
| eval epoch1=strptime(YourDate,"%H:%M:%S %p %m/%d/%Y")
| convert timeformat="%H:%M:%S %p %m/%d/%Y" mktime(YourDate) as epoch2

I am getting this error:
Unknown search command 'gentimes'.

How can I resolve this error??

Tags (2)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

What version of Splunk you're using? Works just fine in Splunk Version 6.5.0 OR any 5/6 version that I've used. It's a search command that is available in search app. Did the permission for this changed and you're executing it from different app then "Search & Reporting"?

accragv1
Explorer

From where can I check if the permission for the "gentimes" command has been changed.. can you point me to some default splunk conf file??

0 Karma

accragv1
Explorer

I am executing it in "Search & Reporting", using Splunk version 6.4.1

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

I don't have a 6.4.1 instance but I was able to run your search just fine from any app on my 6.5.0 and 6.2.6 machine. Could you check if your role has read permission on this search command ? (From app "Search & Reporting", go to Settings->Advanced search -> Search commands and see if you can see gentimes there)

accragv1
Explorer

Thanks somesoni2 ... this helped ... it was disabled in Advanced Search -> Search Commands

Cheers

0 Karma

cmerriman
Super Champion

It should still be a valid command. What version of Splunk are you using?

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.0/SearchReference/Gentimes

0 Karma

accragv1
Explorer

I am using 6.4.1

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...