Splunk Search

Unknown search command 'gauge'.

polamarasetti
Explorer

Hi Guys,

i am new to SPLUNK.

when i search a query with non admin user i am getting below error,

Unknown search command 'gauge'.

i guess this may be problem with some capabilities, but not sure which one.

can any one help me please to fix the issue.

Tags (2)

polamarasetti
Explorer

thanks for your advice.
the issue is resolved, its some compatibility issues with the user.

0 Karma

srinathd
Contributor

Hi.. let me know the capability required for the user to use gauge command

somesoni2
Revered Legend

What happened on 31st July 2014?

Any upgrades?

0 Karma

derekarnold
Communicator

The problem doesn't jump out at me directly, but perhaps the usage of % in an eval field is gumming up the works. Can you try changing the variable name from success% to success? I am wondering if splunk is considering that a modulo operator isntead of a variable.

0 Karma

polamarasetti
Explorer

these was working fine till 31st July 2014. from 1st Aug onwards we had problem with gauge class.

saying " unknown search command 'gauge' "

the query is

index="wcp_idx" sourcetype="jtc_log" Operation="{String:TopUpWithCard}"|stats count(eval(EventType="{String:Request}")) AS total, count(eval(EventType="{String:Reply}")) AS complete | eval success%=round(((complete/total)*100),1)|fillnull success% value=0 | gauge success%

0 Karma

grijhwani
Motivator

Please post the actual search string you are having difficulty with, and the specific error message. Your query is too vague.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...