Splunk Search

Unable to extract common values by joining indexes?

amaurya1
Explorer
index=abc sourcetype=xyz 
 | eval is_passed=if(label=="PASS", 1, 0)
 | eval is_failed=if(label=="FAIL", 1, 0)
| stats min(_time) as _time, values(operator_id) as o_id, sum(is_passed) as pass, sum(is_failed) as fail by acc_no, session_no
| table o_id | where o_id!=""
| join o_id
[ search index=def (ACTION_TYPE=101 OR ACTION_TYPE=102) | stats values(worker_id) as o_id | table o_id]

I have two different indexes and I'm trying to find all the common values from the column
"operator_id" of 1st index and column "worker_id" from the 2nd index.
Even though there are common values in both the columns but still I'm getting no result.
Can someone please help me debug the issue?

0 Karma
1 Solution

HiroshiSatoh
Champion

Try this!

index=abc sourcetype=xyz [ search index=def (ACTION_TYPE=101 OR ACTION_TYPE=102) | stats count by worker_id|rename worker_id as operator_id|table operator_id]
| stats min(_time) as _time, values(operator_id) as o_id, sum(is_passed) as pass, sum(is_failed) as fail by acc_no, session_no

View solution in original post

Vijeta
Influencer

@amaurya1 Try below

index=abc sourcetype=xyz 
|where ISNOTNULL(operator_id)
| join operator_id
[ search index=def (ACTION_TYPE=101 OR ACTION_TYPE=102) | rename worker_id as operator_id|fields operator_id]| stats min(_time) as _time, values(operator_id) as o_id, sum(is_passed) as pass, sum(is_failed) as fail by acc_no, session_no

amaurya1
Explorer

Hi @Vijeta even this query is working fine.. I think I got the mistake with my join. Thanks a lot.

0 Karma

HiroshiSatoh
Champion

Try this!

index=abc sourcetype=xyz [ search index=def (ACTION_TYPE=101 OR ACTION_TYPE=102) | stats count by worker_id|rename worker_id as operator_id|table operator_id]

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...