Splunk Search

Unable to Seam Together Tstats and "!=" Operator

LionelHutz
Engager

Hello Hello,

Trying to make this search work:

| tstats allow_old_summaries=true dc(Malware_Attacks.signature) as "infection_count" from datamodel=Malware where ((Malware_Attacks.file_path!="C:\ProgramData\Adobe*") nodename=Malware_Attacks) by "Malware_Attacks.dest", "Malware_Attacks.file_path"
| rename "Malware_Attacks.dest" as "dest"
| where 'infection_count'>1

(The goal being to exclude any event which has a file path containing "C:\ProgramData\Adobe\*").

I'm open to the NOT operator instead of !=.  I've tried a handful of different ways of wording this query, but can't get it to produce what I want.

Thank you to whoever can shed light on this!

Labels (2)
0 Karma

LionelHutz
Engager

I figured it out, here is the answer in case anyone ever needs it!

| tstats allow_old_summaries=true dc(Malware_Attacks.signature) as "infection_count" FROM datamodel=Malware WHERE (nodename=Malware_Attacks "Malware_Attacks.file_path"!="**Adobe**") by "Malware_Attacks.dest", "Malware_Attacks.file_path"
| rename "Malware_Attacks.dest" as "dest"
| where 'infection_count'>1

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...