Splunk Search

Treemap D3 Library integration

wweiland
Contributor

I have 2 fields (nodeid,jobid in which you could have multiple nodes assigned to 1 jobid) and need to graph it in a format that matches the Treemap. I tried the native treemap module found in the dev tutorial, but it didn't work. I was thinking of trying the D3 library, but I'm unsure how to link it in to Splunk. I was wondering if anyone else has done this?

gmelnik_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Recently released Splunk Developer Guide covers this topic of integrating custom d3 charts into a Simple XML panel in depth. Specifically, check out Chapter 03 and these two examples: the d3 dendrogram chart and the d3 donut chart.

mkinsley_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Download and install the Web Framework Toolkit App. It has the examples you're looking for.

0 Karma

mkinsley_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

lol. nvd3 is d3.

These examples show you how to feed Splunk data into the D3 toolkit and visualize it.

If you prefer raw js / html, then you can visit examples here: http://dev.splunk.com/view/SP-CAAAEN6

Finally, if you prefer to develop using the older Module system and Advanced XML , check out the HadoopOps app on apps.splunk.com. The HadoopOpsGauge module uses d3.

0 Karma

wweiland
Contributor

Interesting Toolkit as I have been trying my hand at Django for a few days now. They do have examples for NDV3 toolkit, but not D3. I'm pretty sure someone has done D3 and was hoping they might share some lessons learned. I'm just not sure how to tie the Splunk into the D3 toolkit and then feed it data.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...