Splunk Search

Total Time in D:M:H:S- using appendpipe instead of totalseconds and display on Dashboard

Xe03kfp
Path Finder

I am trying to somehow get a total sum of the "Total Time" column and have it be on a separate line rather the next line because it adds totals of anything with a number. I found appendpipe to go to the next line.

Search string:

index="rdpg"
( 2222222 dest_port="") OR (1111111 src_port="") OR ( 1111111 src_ip="") OR (2222222 dest_ip="")
| eval disconnect_time=if(match(_raw,"2222222"),_time,null())
| eval connect_time=if(match(_raw,"1111111"),_time,null())
| eval Ephemeral=if(isnotnull(disconnect_time),dest_port,Ephemeral)
| eval Ephemeral=if(isnotnull(connect_time),src_port,Ephemeral)
| stats min(connect_time) as Connect max(disconnect_time) as Disconnect min(src_ip) as "Source IP" max(dest_ip) as "Destin ip" by Ephemeral
| eval Seconds=Disconnect-Connect | fieldformat Seconds=strftime('Seconds', "%s") | eval "Total Time"=tostring(Seconds,"duration") | where Seconds > 300
| search Connect=* Disconnect=* | appendpipe [stats sum(Seconds) as "Total Seconds" ]
| convert timeformat="%a %b-%d %Y "at" %H:%M:%S" ctime(Connect) ctime(Disconnect)

See results -=HERE=-

ALSO: If I have a dashboard and I can get this total time thing working... can I somehow have a "button" that displays the total time based on a timeframe I specify?

Here is my Dashboard and the "button" I'd like Example --The Red things 🙂

0 Karma
1 Solution

jonuwz
Influencer

change :

appendpipe [stats sum(Seconds) as "Total Seconds" ]

to :

appendpipe [stats sum(Seconds) as tseconds | eval tseconds=tostring(tseconds,"duration") | rename tseconds as "Total Time" ]

For the button stuff - how well do you know Advanced XML ?

What you'd normally do Is something like this :

HiddenSearch (not including the appendpipe )
|-SimpleResultsTable
|-PostProcess (just add | stats sum(Seconds) as tseconds etc etc )
  |-SingleValue

View solution in original post

jonuwz
Influencer

change :

appendpipe [stats sum(Seconds) as "Total Seconds" ]

to :

appendpipe [stats sum(Seconds) as tseconds | eval tseconds=tostring(tseconds,"duration") | rename tseconds as "Total Time" ]

For the button stuff - how well do you know Advanced XML ?

What you'd normally do Is something like this :

HiddenSearch (not including the appendpipe )
|-SimpleResultsTable
|-PostProcess (just add | stats sum(Seconds) as tseconds etc etc )
  |-SingleValue

jonuwz
Influencer

No problem - just a point of interest, buttons dont look like that in splunk 5 any more, thats a splunk 4 screenshot.

0 Karma

Xe03kfp
Path Finder

Thanks! Appendpipe fix worked! I will let you know about the XML after implement it 🙂 -YOU DA MANG!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...