Splunk Search

Title inside a dasboard

ChhayaV
Communicator

Hi,

I've to create dashborad with two section in it. How should i give title for these sections inside dashboard.
Currently I've used following code for title.

<module name="SimpleResultsHeader" layoutPanel="panel_row1_col1" group="Server Health" autoRun="False"> 
      <param name="entityName">results< /param>
      <param name="headerFormat"> < /param>
 < /module> 

I've used above "SimpleResultsHeader" module two times for two titles one at beginning but before "TimeRangePicker" module and one in the middle (i.e inside "TimeRangePicker" module).

But After selecting different time the title which is inside "TimeRangePicker" module shows "None"

alt text

The first title works fine because it is outside "TimeRangePicker" module.

So is there any particular module to use as a Title?

If i removed parameters from the above SimpleResultsHeader module it is giving me error?

Any alternate way to do this?

0 Karma

sowings
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Typically, in advanced XML, the "group" string is used as a label for the panel.

0 Karma

sowings
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Try a "StaticContentSample" module, with a "text" attribute (which is HTML) to include a header above your chart collections.

<module name="StaticContentSample" layoutPanel="panel_row1_col1">
<param name="text"><![CDATA[<p>
This dashboard is intended to show the overall status of the
indexers in the Splunk environment.]]>
</param>
</module>

0 Karma

ChhayaV
Communicator

I'm not giving title for just one panel. Say there are 10 charts first 5 have something common and next five have something. SO first 5 should have one title and next five should i've another title in other words 2 sections with titles each containing 5 charts

0 Karma

aholzer
Motivator

You can probably use the HTML module and just use header tags ()

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...