Splunk Search

Time format

shugup2923
Path Finder

I have time field which have values such as 9AM-10PM, 10:00AM-11:00PM, I want to change 9AM-10PM to 9:00AM-10:00 PM, to normalize field in sameformat.

I tired strftime(strptime(time_field,"%H%p-%H%p"),"%H:%M%p-%H%:%M%p") 

But its not working, I also tried convert() and fieldformat but no luck. Any idea how can I achieve this ?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

manjunathmeti
Champion

hi @shugup2923,

You can use replace function.

| eval time=if(like(time, "%:00%"), time, replace(replace(time, "AM", ":00AM"), "PM", ":00PM"))

View solution in original post

shugup2923
Path Finder

| eval timing=case(Match(timing, "\d*:\d*\w*-\d*:\d*\w*"), timing,Match(timing, "\d*:\d*\w*-\d*\w*"), replace(timing,"PM",":00PM"),Match(timing, "\d*\w*-\d*:\d*\w*"), replace(timing,"AM",":00AM"),true(), replace(replace(timing, "AM", ":00AM"), "PM", ":00PM"))

0 Karma

shugup2923
Path Finder

Perfect this worked, just I did small modification - used match instead of like as there are some other values as well. Approach is very useful

0 Karma

manjunathmeti
Champion

hi @shugup2923,

You can use replace function.

| eval time=if(like(time, "%:00%"), time, replace(replace(time, "AM", ":00AM"), "PM", ":00PM"))
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...