Splunk Search

Time format

shugup2923
Path Finder

I have time field which have values such as 9AM-10PM, 10:00AM-11:00PM, I want to change 9AM-10PM to 9:00AM-10:00 PM, to normalize field in sameformat.

I tired strftime(strptime(time_field,"%H%p-%H%p"),"%H:%M%p-%H%:%M%p") 

But its not working, I also tried convert() and fieldformat but no luck. Any idea how can I achieve this ?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

manjunathmeti
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

hi @shugup2923,

You can use replace function.

| eval time=if(like(time, "%:00%"), time, replace(replace(time, "AM", ":00AM"), "PM", ":00PM"))

View solution in original post

shugup2923
Path Finder

| eval timing=case(Match(timing, "\d*:\d*\w*-\d*:\d*\w*"), timing,Match(timing, "\d*:\d*\w*-\d*\w*"), replace(timing,"PM",":00PM"),Match(timing, "\d*\w*-\d*:\d*\w*"), replace(timing,"AM",":00AM"),true(), replace(replace(timing, "AM", ":00AM"), "PM", ":00PM"))

0 Karma

shugup2923
Path Finder

Perfect this worked, just I did small modification - used match instead of like as there are some other values as well. Approach is very useful

0 Karma

manjunathmeti
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

hi @shugup2923,

You can use replace function.

| eval time=if(like(time, "%:00%"), time, replace(replace(time, "AM", ":00AM"), "PM", ":00PM"))
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...