Splunk Search

Ticket IDs older than 30+ days

tjryberg

Howdy Folks,
Going through the support forums, I've tried numerous ways to come up with a way to search for Open ticket IDs, older than X (30, 60, 90, etc.) days. While playing around with my query, I either get all the tickets returned, or none of them.
I'm basing the "day" mark from the time the ticket was submitted (submit_dttm).

index=[index name] source="dbmon-tail://MetricsITSR/ITSRC_METRICS" | dedup request_id | search assignee_support_group_name="USA.NSS.X2AIX" assignee="*" status_desc="In Progress" OR status_desc="Assigned" | eval submitdate=strptime(submit_dttm,"%m/%d/%y") |where now()<relative_time(submidate, "+30d") | table assignee submitdate request_id

My expectation of the above, is a table with the person's name, the date the ticket was submitted, and the ticket #

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Try this

UPDATED TO FIX TYPO

index=[index name] source="dbmon-tail://MetricsITSR/ITSRC_METRICS" | dedup request_id | search assignee_support_group_name="USA.NSS.X2AIX" assignee="*" status_desc="In Progress" OR status_desc="Assigned" | eval submitdate=strptime(submit_dttm,"%m/%d/%y") |where submitdate<relative_time(now(), "-30d") | table assignee submitdate request_id
0 Karma

tjryberg

So I'm trying this a different way. This search gets results:

index=gioanalytics_na source="dbmon-tail://MetricsITSR/ITSRC_METRICS"  | dedup request_id  | search assignee_support_group_name="usa.nss.x2aix*" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.nss.x2linux*" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.nss.x2sun" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.nss.x2Windows" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.dis.dsaix" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.dis.dslinux" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.dis.dssun" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.dis.dswin" status_desc=Open OR status_desc=Assigned summary="*Decommission*" | chart count as Open-Decoms by assignee_support_group_name

When I add latest=-30d, nothing returns.
I've manually looked and verified that we have tickets out there, older than 30 days.
Any idea why I'm getting nothing back?

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

latest=-30d will apply on the _time field. Do you have data with _time earlier than 30d?

See if this works...index=_internal latest=-30d | head 1

0 Karma

tjryberg
..... summary="*Decommission*" index=_internal latest=-30d | head 1 | chart count as Open-Decoms by assignee_support_group_name

Doesn't return anything

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

The sample query I gave was to run by itself. Or you could try this to see if it returns any results

index=gioanalytics_na source="dbmon-tail://MetricsITSR/ITSRC_METRICS" latest=-30d

Run this by itself to see if it returns data. If it doesn't, it means you have no events with _time earlier than 30d. In that case, you could do something like this

index=gioanalytics_na source="dbmon-tail://MetricsITSR/ITSRC_METRICS" latest=[search index=gioanalytics_na source="dbmon-tail://MetricsITSR/ITSRC_METRICS" | eval search=(strptime(submit_dttm,"%m/%d/%y")-(86400*30)) | fields search] 
0 Karma

tjryberg

I did run index=_internal latest=-30d | head 1 by itself. I should've mentioned that.

index=gioanalytics_na source="dbmon-tail://MetricsITSR/ITSRC_METRICS" latest=-30d Returned 300,000+ events, so yes... stuff is there 🙂

index=gioanalytics_na source="dbmon-tail://MetricsITSR/ITSRC_METRICS" latest=[search index=gioanalytics_na source="dbmon-tail://MetricsITSR/ITSRC_METRICS" | eval search=(strptime(submit_dttm,"%m/%d/%y")-(86400*30)) | fields search] 

This returned the error:

Error in 'search' command: Unable to parse the search: Comparator '=' has an invalid term on the right hand side.

I tried playing around with it, but the error persists.

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Yeah progress 🙂 does this return any data?

index=gioanalytics_na source="dbmon-tail://MetricsITSR/ITSRC_METRICS" (arch assignee_support_group_name="usa.nss.x2aix*" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.nss.x2linux*" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.nss.x2sun" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.nss.x2Windows" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.dis.dsaix" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.dis.dslinux" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.dis.dssun" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.dis.dswin") AND (status_desc=Open OR status_desc=Assigned) AND (summary="*Decommission*") | dedup request_id

If this doesn't try one criteria at a time to see which one breaks it

0 Karma

tjryberg

The above returned no results. Removed "arch" and got back 584.

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

arch was a typo. Shouldn't be there. Is 584 right number? If yes, you can add the final chart command

index=gioanalytics_na source="dbmon-tail://MetricsITSR/ITSRC_METRICS" (assignee_support_group_name="usa.nss.x2aix*" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.nss.x2linux*" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.nss.x2sun" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.nss.x2Windows" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.dis.dsaix" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.dis.dslinux" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.dis.dssun" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.dis.dswin") AND (status_desc=Open OR status_desc=Assigned) AND (summary="*Decommission*") 
| dedup request_id
| stats count as Open-Decoms by assignee_support_group_name
0 Karma

tjryberg

No luck. Still zero results returned.

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

I had misspelled submitdate, did you catch that? If not, try the updated version.

0 Karma

tjryberg

Yup, I did catch that 🙂
No Luck

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

And the format for submitdate is correct? If it is, the eval should return earlier than (-30d) data

... | eval submitdate=strptime(submit_dttm,"%m/%d/%y") | where submitdate<relative_time(now(), "-30d") | ...
0 Karma

tjryberg

I played with some things, over the weekend. Still no luck.

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Can you share some raw events?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...