Splunk Search

These results may be truncated. This visualization is configured to display a maximum of 1000 results per series, and that limit has been reached

SanthoshSreshta
Contributor

Hi, I have results about 3333 rows. when am generating the query as sourcetype="Churn Data_CSV" | table Churn "total eve calls" "total night calls" which displays a scatter plot. it is not showing all the values. giving a warning message below it as These results may be truncated. This visualization is configured to display a maximum of 1000 results per series, and that limit has been reached
In statistics tab, am able to get all 3333 rows but not in visualizations ( selected scatter chart ).
I am very new to this splunk. please help me out.

Thanks santhosh.

kbecker
Communicator

Have you opened a support case for this? We are trying to get Splunk to remove this limit and more customers behind this will help drive this.

Thanks,
Ken

0 Karma

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Be careful. Removing this limit could result in a crawling splunk instance because the end-users machine can't handle the rendering needed.

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi SanthoshSreshta,

take a look at this answer http://answers.splunk.com/answers/73745/max-data-points-that-charts-can-handle.html

cheers, MuS

SanthoshSreshta
Contributor

Hi.
Just got some solution to it < option name="charting.data.count" >9999</ option > inserted this tag to my xml and recovered.
anyway thanks a lot for quick reply 🙂

0 Karma

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...