Splunk Search

The search that you sent to the background has completed

Anthony_Hou
Path Finder

Hi, We have an issue about receiving email tells "The search that you sent to the background has completed"

We receive this email sometimes.

How we can turn it off ?

Thanks for any advice.

BR,
Anthony

Below is the content of email:

The search that you sent to the background has completed!
Link:   sid=scheduler__alanlin__SEARCH_VEFDRC1BTEFSTUZUUC1TU1hfY29uZmlnLWlzLWRpZmZlcmVudF8wMDFfMQ_at_1340496000_30aaf7c6c82899b8 

Search:     search index=xxx "config is different" | table Date_time host message 
Results:    1 
Events:     1 
Start time:     2012-06-24 08:00:56 CST 
Run time:   64.983000 
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Masa
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It seems like you're experiencing a bug SPL-47705 which was fixed in 4.3.2. Please upgrade to 4.3.2 or later.

If you're okay to disable any background job complete notification, you can remove your email address from "Manager -> Your Account"

View solution in original post

Masa
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It seems like you're experiencing a bug SPL-47705 which was fixed in 4.3.2. Please upgrade to 4.3.2 or later.

If you're okay to disable any background job complete notification, you can remove your email address from "Manager -> Your Account"

Ledion_Bitincka
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is a known issue that has been fixed in 4.3.2.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...