Splunk Search

The lookup table 'nix_action_lookup' does not exist. It is referenced by configuration 'IDS

hartfoml
Motivator

Arg this is so frustrating.

I cant find the nix_action_lookup and I can't find the IDS config.

How do i troubleshoot this error.

Is there a btool shortcut to find where this permissions issue is coming from and where the files and config is so I can update permissions.

Arggggg

need help before I go mad and strangler a honey badger

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

lukejadamec
Super Champion

I believe nix_action_lookup is defined as vendor_action.csv
Go to Manager>Lookups>Lookup Definitions> and Select All Apps. You should find it in that list.
Set the permissions to Global.

View solution in original post

lukejadamec
Super Champion

I believe nix_action_lookup is defined as vendor_action.csv
Go to Manager>Lookups>Lookup Definitions> and Select All Apps. You should find it in that list.
Set the permissions to Global.

hartfoml
Motivator

Thanks Luck this was helpful and i am crediting you with the answer although i was on a web-ex with support we were able to solve the permissions problem but we can't quiet say how.

0 Karma

lukejadamec
Super Champion

My fault. You are failing on the Automatic Lookup permissions, not the Lookup Definition permissions.
Make sure Manager>Lookups>Automatic Lookups> permissions are set to global.

hartfoml
Motivator

Luke,

It's so easy when you know where to look. I did find the definition there and it was set to global. I changed the permissions to Read&Write for all and am still getting the error message. I wouldn't think I would have to do anything on the indexers for this. I shouldn't have to have the lookup on the indexer for any reason should I?

Can you help just a little more please.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...