Splunk Search

Test Splunk Queries

reesmanp

I am building a Splunk app for school and one of my requirements is to test that the queries sent to splunk work and are accurate. Is there a way to use unit testing on the queries themselves or should I just make a python script to parse the log files for the data that the query is supposed to gather and compare/contrast?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

michalsvorc

Sorry for necrobumping, but this thread has over 1K views and still no satisfactory answer. I wonder if someone did find some tool or could share how he resolved this issue.

Would be greatly appreciated by the whole community...

0 Karma

tbroberg
0 Karma

markthompson
Builder

I am not aware of one - if you can find one, please share.

You could always set up a test index and run it... But if not, your python script should do the trick

0 Karma

reesmanp

Thanks for that. I will see what I can find and let you know if I did find anything or just used a script.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...