Splunk Search

Test Splunk Queries

reesmanp

I am building a Splunk app for school and one of my requirements is to test that the queries sent to splunk work and are accurate. Is there a way to use unit testing on the queries themselves or should I just make a python script to parse the log files for the data that the query is supposed to gather and compare/contrast?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

michalsvorc

Sorry for necrobumping, but this thread has over 1K views and still no satisfactory answer. I wonder if someone did find some tool or could share how he resolved this issue.

Would be greatly appreciated by the whole community...

0 Karma

tbroberg
0 Karma

markthompson
Builder

I am not aware of one - if you can find one, please share.

You could always set up a test index and run it... But if not, your python script should do the trick

0 Karma

reesmanp

Thanks for that. I will see what I can find and let you know if I did find anything or just used a script.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...