Splunk Search

Table: How to set a URL (which is part of the row data) behind a column value (like a name)?

wes7bb

Hi there,

I have a table in which each row is individual. The link is different for each entry. I will explain my problem with the help of an easy table.

alt text

I would like to set behind the name the URL. So that in the dashboard nobody can see the link which is behind the name. But when you click on the name it should be possible to go to the expected page.

How is that possible in Splunk?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Tags (4)
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

Yes this can be done in Splunk using <fields> simple XML chart configuration. You can get Splunk Dashboard Examples App which has this example: https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1603/

Using you can display only the fields required for End Users to see. However, remaining columns/fields from the search result will be hidden and accessible for drilldown. For you example:

<fields>Name</fields>
    <drilldown>
       <set token="tokURL">$row.URL$</set>
    </drilldown>
</table>
<html>
   Clicked URL: $tokURL$
</html>

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...