Splunk Search

TCP input gets only one event indexed

asnegina

I have fully configured cluster running Splunk 6.6.5. All indexers and search heads work properly with other inputs. I added new TCP input where 5 workstations send their logs. But I got only one event indexed (from one ws, on one indexer) and new events never show up. I've tested network communication, all ports are open, telnet packets fly smoothly. I also checked if indexers' queues become blocked, but they are not.
What could cause this issue?

0 Karma

teunlaan
Contributor

have you checked for data in "the past" or "in the furure"? If timestamp recognition goes wrong, data can be indexed at the wrong time

0 Karma

jbrocks
Communicator

Have you checked, if your one event is only one event? Sometimes if there are wring configs in props.conf. Splunk recognized multiple Events as just one event. Onother problem might be that the forwarder has no read access to the logfile. Some appliances can change access after writing to a file even if you configured the read access for the Splunk OS user.

0 Karma

asnegina

You are right, we had some issues with encoding and Splunk just dropped events after 10 kb limit was reached.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...