Splunk Search

How to create a candlestick chart within Splunk 6?

mbrown_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I am trying to create a candlestick chart within Splunk 6, but not having much luck finding any options for this within core Splunk or within any apps.

Has anyone produced a candle chart (like those seen on stock market charts) previously, if not any ideas how such a chart could be produced?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)

chrisyounger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I have just released a Splunkbase addon visualization that should be helpful to you. Download it here: https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/6335/#/details

0 Karma

aelliott
Motivator

Here's an example of a candlestick chart.

http://phrogz.net/js/d3-playground/#StockPrice_HTML

0 Karma

mbrown_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks aelliot.

I clicked the link and saw some code and in the graphics section just NaN going down the centre of the screen. Although some of the other graphics looked cool.

0 Karma

mbrown_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks for the response.

I have installed and reviewed the app however this app is looking at the stock market and doesn't provide the candlestick charts I was looking for.

The use case I have is looking at financial data which has variable pricing throughout the day, but is not stock market data.

If anyone has any examples of candlestick charts I would appreciate it.

0 Karma

jbennett_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma

jbennett_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Sorry about that, I was just going from the description, which said it had K-line (K) Analysis that are basically Candlestick charts.

I guess we'd have to build it...

0 Karma

mbrown_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks for the response.

I have installed and reviewed the app however this app is looking at the stock market and doesn't provide the candlestick charts I was looking for.

The use case I have is looking at financial data which has variable pricing throughout the day, but is not stock market data.

If anyone has any examples of candlestick charts I would appreciate it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...