Splunk Search

Subsearch using loadjob not working

jamesvz84
Communicator

I try the following search:

| loadjob savedsearch="admin:app1:app1_view1" | fields hostname

This returns "hostname05" as a result.

I then try to embed this as a subsearch:

| loadjob savedsearch="admin:winapp:perfmon_results" | search object=Processor counter="% Processor Time" [| loadjob savedsearch="admin:app1:app1_view1" | fields hostname]

This return no results, however, if I do this:

| loadjob savedsearch="admin:winapp:perfmon_results" | search object=Processor counter="% Processor Time" hostname="hostname05"

It returns many results. Why is the subsearch not working? Do I need to call loadjob differently? I've tried with and without the initial pipe.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

sansay
Contributor

Subsearch calling loadjob does not work. You get "Error in 'SearchOperator:loadjob': Cannot find artifacts for savedsearch_ident 'user:app:saved_search_name'.
Here is the query I used:
| loadjob savedsearch="user:app:saved_search_name_1" | append [| loadjob savedsearch="user:app:saved_search_name_2"]

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try this.

| loadjob savedsearch="admin:winapp:perfmon_results" | search object=Processor counter="% Processor Time" [| loadjob savedsearch="admin:app1:app1_view1" | fields hostname | format "" "" "" "" "" ""]
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...