Splunk Search

Stats count and average

rhinomike
Explorer

I have a log that more or less looks like:

timestamp=1422006650  from=bob@sender.com to=alice@receiver.com subject="I love you honey" score=100 
 timestamp=1422007650    from=bob@sender.com to=alice@receiver.com subject="I love you honey" score=100 
 timestamp=1422008650    from=eve@sender.com to=alice@receiver.com subject="I loved him first" score=100
 timestamp=1422009650    from=eve@sender.com to=alice@receiver.com subject="I loved you first" score=50
 timestamp=1422009750    from=eve@sender.com to=alice@receiver.com subject="I loved him  first" score=10

I am now trying to perform a stats like

from                    subject                 count_to    avg_score
bob@sender.com          I love you honey       2       100
eve@sender.com          I loved you first      1       50
eve@sender.com          I loved him first      2       55

If I'm not mistaken, I can use:

stats count by from,to, subject to build the four first columns, however it is not clear to me how to calculate the average for a particular set of values in accordance with the first round of stats.

Is it possible?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

aweitzman
Motivator

This should work:

... | stats count as count_to avg(score) as avg_score by from subject

View solution in original post

0 Karma

aweitzman
Motivator

This should work:

... | stats count as count_to avg(score) as avg_score by from subject

0 Karma

rhinomike
Explorer

Solved it perfectly. Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...