Splunk Search

Splunk uninstallation / kill command failed -- Connection Refused error on port 22

sancharigupta

Hi,

I was trying to uninstall Splunk due to some issues in existing installation. I followed the steps for "Uninstall Splunk Enterprise manually" as mentioned on below link:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.0.0/Installation/UninstallSplunk

But as soon as I executed the below command (as directed on above link), the next moment, I got Connection Refused error port 22 for the server. I don't know how is this related, any hint will be really helpful.

kill -9 ps -ef | grep splunk | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2;}'

Thanks in advance

0 Karma

jfraiberg
Communicator

Can you run the ps -ef command without the awk and kill command and list the output for us?

0 Karma

sancharigupta

hi, I am unable to login to the server using ssh now (as I am getting Connection refused error on port 22 after running the Kill command). So unfortunately wont be able to give the output.

0 Karma

s2_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Are you by any chance SSH'ed in as a user that has 'splunk' in the user name and hence are killing your own SSH session?

0 Karma

sancharigupta

HI, That's a great question. But I was logged in as Root that time, do you think it might cause this issue?

0 Karma

lfedak_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey @sancharigupta, can you let us know what version of Splunk you were using and more about your environment? That might help people diagnose further. Thanks!

0 Karma

sancharigupta

Hi, it was Splunk Enterprise version 6.6.3.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...