Splunk Search

Splunk rest API - List "All configurations"

vamsigurram
Path Finder

Hi, 

WHen i go into splunk console --> settings --> "All Configurations", i see 2000+ entries for seach and reporting app.

How do i pull all these rows using rest api?

I want to list all these knowledge objects per author (owner).

I tried something like this, but that did not give all the results.

| rest "/servicesNS/-/search/saved/searches"

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

vamsigurram
Path Finder

Looking at splunk docs, i found the below REST API, gives all the info that "All Configurations"  is giving us.

| rest /servicesNS/-/search/directory | search eai:acl.app="search"

The only question, i have is why does splunk give me "All configurations" for all the apps, when i clearly mentioned search app, as highlighted above?

Hence i had to limit my results to search app, by doing | search eai:acl.app="search"

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The "All Configurations" page contains far more than saved searches.  To get all of the same information via REST requires multiple calls.

| rest /servicesNS/-/-/search/saved/searches
| rest /servicesNS/-/-/configs/conf-transforms
| rest /servicesNS/-/-/configs/conf-macros
| rest /servicesNS/-/-/configs/conf-commands

This is not a complete list.  The REST manual should have what you need to complete the task.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

vamsigurram
Path Finder

Looking at splunk docs, i found the below REST API, gives all the info that "All Configurations"  is giving us.

| rest /servicesNS/-/search/directory | search eai:acl.app="search"

The only question, i have is why does splunk give me "All configurations" for all the apps, when i clearly mentioned search app, as highlighted above?

Hence i had to limit my results to search app, by doing | search eai:acl.app="search"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...