Splunk Search

Splunk query for viewing 0365 management activity by the sender of malicious account to recipients

kojodei789
Observer

Goodmorning guys much help needed. I have been receiving a lot of phishing attempts to recipients emails. I am looking for the best query that can allow me to see if these emails were filtered as spam or quarantined.  Thanks

I have been using query but it doesn't give me if the sender's email is filtered as spam or quarantined Sometimes it does not even work.

sourcetype=0365:management:activity"sender.email@xx.com" AND "recepient.email@hhs.gov"| table sourcetype_time P2Sender recipients{} subject| sort Recepients{}| dedup Recipients {} 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

kojodei789
Observer

sourcetype=0365:management:activity"sender.email@xx.com" AND "password expire"| table sourcetype_time P2Sender recipients{} Subject DetectionMethod Verdict| sort Recepients{}| dedup Recipients {}     

The password expired is the subject line

Thanks for the reply.  So the query above is what I normally use to see the categorization of the email if it is a phishing email or not    but I was wondering if there is a query that lets you know if spam filtered

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you share some examples of the events demonstrating whether the email was quarantined or filtered as spam?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...