Splunk Search

Splunk queries

saidAb
Explorer

Hi all,

A query, can calculate http calls, success responses and error response. I need an addition to the  query to get how many requests are without response. I mean calls - success_respnses - erros_rsponse = null_responses.

Some good idea bout this? Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
index="xxxx" sourcetype="xxxxx" message.request_path!=*/healthCheck

| fillnull value=0 backend_time

| stats count(eval('message.direction'="request")) as Calls, count(eval('message.response_code'="200")) as Success, count(eval('message.response_code'!="200")) as Error
| eval "No response"=Calls-Success-Error

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @saidAb ,

if you could share your search, it's easier to help you, anyway, I suppose that you are using eval instats, in this case, add the total count of events and calcuate as difference from this value.

e.g.

<your_search>
| stats
    count(eval(status="success")) success_count
    count(eval(status="failed")) failed_count
    count
| eval others=count-success_count-failed_count

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It depends on your data. Please can you share some sample anonymised represntative events in a code block so we can see what you are dealing with.

0 Karma

saidAb
Explorer

Thank you very match fro helping me!

This works now fine!

Have nice day!

0 Karma

saidAb
Explorer

| stats count(eval('message.direction'="request")) as Calls, count(eval('message.response_code'="200")) as Success, count(eval('message.response_code'!="200")) as Error

E.g.

On the resuts, I see:  Calls 27; Success 11; Error 6

I need also to see in the results, that there was no responses for 10 calls (null_resposes) as well. 

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

| eval "No response"=Calls-Success-Error

saidAb
Explorer

Super! Thanks!

0 Karma

saidAb
Explorer

Thanks!

This works partially very good. It provides in the results all calls, success, errors and no_responses (for the calls where no_response happens) . However it ignores other calls where requests and responses are equal.

0 Karma

saidAb
Explorer

Resolved. It works now correctly. I added 'by ...' and I see all the results.

Thank you very match!!!

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

hi @saidAb ,

good for you, see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated by all the contributors 😉

0 Karma

saidAb
Explorer

Gratie Giuseppe!

See you next time!

Have a nice day.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...