Splunk Search

Splunk health check monitoring using command line ?

dlugasny

Hi,

is it possible to extract informations about Splunk System health check using command line ?

For example I would like to execute some ./splunk command which will print all informations about current health check. Is it possible ?

I would like to connect Icinga2 Monitoring system which will execute some command and extract some specified informations about current system performance. Is it possible ? Is there any command in CLI which will print all informations about system health check ?

Thanks in advance for Your support.

Cheers

Dlugasny

Tags (3)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You may be able to get the information using the REST API.
What specific information are you looking for as a "health check"?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

pacifikn
Communicator

@Dear richgalloway,
@ & All

I was looking for the question same as mentioned above,

@checking the port if are listening and open,if closed how to open,
@Check if forwarder has completed processing log file (i.e. tailing process by using below URL) using CLI?
@checking disk size but the Total not by partition df-h (size,used,available?to calculate the total size of all the disk?
@Check on indexer if receiving is enabled on port 9997 and port 9997 is open on indexer using CLI? If not, how to enable it using CLI?
@what you can advise me to check when you see logs is not being generated into splunk?
@ how to Check out log file permissions which you are sending to Splunk. Verify if Splunk user has access to log file?
@what are the Command to Checkout filesystem for last modification and verify if the forwarder is monitoring it?
@and other basic troubleshooting to look/check you may have, it will be better if you share it,

Thank you in advance

0 Karma

sagar-yakkundi
Explorer

@pacifikn 

Did you able to find the solution for the mentioned requirement?

I too had a similar kind of requirement, if you were able to find the solution kindly help.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...