Splunk Search

Splunk dashboard clickable table output

vadlamudi
Explorer

Hi There,

I have two queries [Query 1  and Query 2].  what i am planning to achieve is that when user clicks on the server_ID for tabular output of Query 1, then it should be passed as INPUT to the WHERE clause in Query 2  . Any help would be appreciated.

Query 1:

index=<<index_name>>   sourcetype=webserver | dedup server_ID | table  server_ID

Query 1 Output:

server_ID

49552473-567
d5eedf55-dca
5d4bb774-74a
03f03042-1f7

Query 2:

index=<< index_name>>   "Exception" | where  server_ID= "server_ID from Query1 table"

Thank You

Labels (7)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There's a pretty good example of that in the Dashboards and Visualizations manual at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.2/Viz/ContextualDrilldown#Manage_and_respond_to_tok...

The concept is the first query has a <drilldown> element that sets a token value to the clicked cell.  The second query references that token.  The second query won't run until the token is assigned a value (when the user clicks on the table).

<query>index=<<index_name>>   sourcetype=webserver | dedup server_ID | table  server_ID</query>
<drilldown>
  <set token="server_ID">$row.server_ID$</set>
</drilldown>
index=<< index_name>>   "Exception" | where  server_ID= $server_ID$

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

vadlamudi
Explorer

HI @richgalloway   I am facing with below error when i tried the above solution that you provided.

ERROR: Node drilldown is not allowed here

Thank You

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Why did you accept the answer if it doesn't work?

The dashboard code in the answer is not complete.  The snippets provided need to be inserted into the proper places in your XML.

---
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There's a pretty good example of that in the Dashboards and Visualizations manual at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.2/Viz/ContextualDrilldown#Manage_and_respond_to_tok...

The concept is the first query has a <drilldown> element that sets a token value to the clicked cell.  The second query references that token.  The second query won't run until the token is assigned a value (when the user clicks on the table).

<query>index=<<index_name>>   sourcetype=webserver | dedup server_ID | table  server_ID</query>
<drilldown>
  <set token="server_ID">$row.server_ID$</set>
</drilldown>
index=<< index_name>>   "Exception" | where  server_ID= $server_ID$

---

somesoni2
Revered Legend
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...