Splunk Search

Splunk Subquery

haiderzada
Basically, I have a problem in which I want to run two queries the first query will return me the total number of requests and the second query will return requests that fail so that i can calculate the percentage but I am unable to do this with a subquery.

Currently, I am using this query

"Carrier Failure: provider_name=*" 
| dedup application_id | stats count AS total_carrier_errors
| append
[search host="prod-celery-gateway-0*" sourcetype="supervisor"
"driver dispatch_request: Sending request to" NOT failed
| stats count AS total_requests]
| table total_carrier_errors total_requests
| eval carrier_errors_percent=(total_carrier_errors/total_requests*100)

Can anyone guide me with this?

Thank You!

Labels (2)
0 Karma

kennetkline
Path Finder

Is there a specifics source type the the first one can be referenced against?

I find the following approach to work best:  I write two independent searches  to bring the datasets we want.

Write a search to do an OR statement   ((Search1 ) OR (Search2 )) pipe to stats  I have done counts against matches on sourcetype.  In your example I don't know if the first search as an exact sourcetype.  I did example stating "firstsourcetype" as a variable to replace twice in the search with the actual sourcetype to be used:

The following search is intended to search both searches and then | stats (count matches by sourcetype or no by clause as necessary based on objective, then do the eval then table

( sourcetype="firstsourcetype" "Carrier Failure: provider_name=*" ) OR
( sourcetype="supervisor" host="prod-celery-gateway-0*" "driver dispatch_request: Sending request to" NOT failed )
| stats count(eval(LIKE(sourcetype,"firstsourcetype"))) as total_carrier_errors, count(eval(LIKE(sourcetype,"supervisor"))) as total_requests
| eval carrier_errors_percent=(total_carrier_errors/total_requests*100)
| table total_carrier_errors total_requests

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma

haiderzada

No this will not help me. Actually, my problem is different from this one I want to run two separate queries one will return me the total number of requests and the second query will return me the number of the failed requests and then I want to calculate the percentage based on these two returned values.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...