Splunk Search

Splunk Mobile Access Server - No search query provided error when accessing dashboards

TritonDrew
Engager

Splunk 6.2 installed and everything is working great. Installed the Mobile Access server and I can't view any dashboards, even simple ones. Reports work fine and the 6.x examples work with no problems. Getting a "No search query provided". Funny thing is when I export to a PDF from that dashboard the data looks good. Any ideas?

1 Solution

TritonDrew
Engager

Found out the problem. Inline search was creating search queries with a format the Mobile Access Server didn't recognize. Used to replace inline search and it works. SimpleXML issue?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

swasserroth
Path Finder

I have run into the same problem: all dashboards I have created resulted in "No search query provided".

After installing the "Dashboard Examples" I probably found the difference between these dashboards and the dashboards created in Splunk 6.2.1 by looking at the XML code differences:
- Splunk-created dashboards contain the query strings inside a <query> markup,
- the dashboard examples (i.e. "chart") are using the <searchString> markup.

After manual conversion of the XML code of Splunk-created dashboards to a format identical to the "chart" example, the dashboard worked on the iPad as expected.

It seems not to be an issue of using inline searches or not...

TritonDrew
Engager

Found out the problem. Inline search was creating search queries with a format the Mobile Access Server didn't recognize. Used to replace inline search and it works. SimpleXML issue?

0 Karma

andrewsb

What did you use to replace the inline searches? This is driving me nuts as well...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...