Splunk Search

Splunk Dashboard- Why is the edit dashboard mood screen appearing?

alakdam
Path Finder

One dashboard was made by me. I'm showing my colleagues my dashboard. Problem: When my coworkers or I access that Splunk dashboard link(clean the cookies), the edit dashboard mood screen immediately appears. I merely want to showcase mood; I don't want to edit mood. PS: I alone may provide permission; others cannot.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @alakdam,

maybe you could put the dashboard link in an App menu, but using the view name not the link, something like this:

<nav>
   <view name="<your_view_name>" />
</nav>

In this way, you and the other users will access the dashbord in display mode not in Edit Mode, then, who can edit the dashboard has also the "Edit" button.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @alakdam,

maybe you could put the dashboard link in an App menu, but using the view name not the link, something like this:

<nav>
   <view name="<your_view_name>" />
</nav>

In this way, you and the other users will access the dashbord in display mode not in Edit Mode, then, who can edit the dashboard has also the "Edit" button.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

alakdam
Path Finder

I fixed it already. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...