Splunk Search

Splunk DB Connect: How to get dbquery to respect time range picker?

bruceclarke
Contributor

All,

I'd like to do something like the following

| dbquery MyDatabase "SELECT * FROM myTable WHERE timestamp > '$earliest$'"

replacing $earliest$ with the value of the earliest timestamp from the time range picker. I see a bunch of somewhat related answers on here, but nothing quite like what I am hoping for.

So, how can I get a dbquery command to respect the time range that I have picked on my timerange picker.

Thanks!

1 Solution

bruceclarke
Contributor

I was able to use @sowings answer from this question. I prefer @sowings' answer to @ziegfried's, because it avoids having to pull possibly millions of records into Splunk prior to filtering by time. This best fits my use case.

I also created a search macro to make it easier to use. Thanks all!

View solution in original post

bruceclarke
Contributor

I was able to use @sowings answer from this question. I prefer @sowings' answer to @ziegfried's, because it avoids having to pull possibly millions of records into Splunk prior to filtering by time. This best fits my use case.

I also created a search macro to make it easier to use. Thanks all!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...