Splunk Search

Showing baseline result relative to other results

jrjarcher

I have a line chart that plots results for a bunch of tests. One of the tests is a "baseline" result. Each result includes a value that indicates the baseline to compare with.

I currently have a query that looks something like:

<search base="First_Base_Search">
          <query>| stats perc50("Variables.Xmetrics.totalCpuUtilizationSeconds") as "50th Percentile" by "Variables.deviceBuild"</query>
        </search>

How can I modify the query to plot the baseline result? There is a variable called: "Variables.baselineBuild", so I can search for the baseline result and get its Variables.Xmetrics.totalCpuUtilizationSeconds.

I just don't know SPL well enough to wrap my head around how I can do this secondary query and then reference it when drawing the chart UI element.

0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

I'm assuming that the baselineBuild value is the same field format as the deviceBuild, and refers to one of the deviceBuilds

Try this -

| stats 
    perc50("Variables.Xmetrics.totalCpuUtilizationSeconds") as BuildP50 
    max("Variables.baselineBuild") as Baseline
    by "Variables.deviceBuild"

| appendpipe 
    [| table "Variables.deviceBuild" BuildP50 
     | rename "Variables.deviceBuild" as Baseline
     | stats max(BuildP50) as BaselineP50 by Baseline
     | eval killme="killme"]

| eventstats max(BaselineP50) as BaselineP50 by Baseline
| where isnull(killme) 

| table "Variables.deviceBuild" BuildP50 Baseline BaselineP50 

Although it seems to me that the complex names in the stats command should use single quotes, and I much prefer to get rid of them before doing any real SPL coding.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...