Splunk Search

Show hourly count as zero if no data found for all indexes

mkarimi17
Path Finder

I have a search:

| tstats count WHERE earliest=-2d@d latest=now index=* by index, _time | makecontinuous span=1h _time | fillnull value=0 count

If I search it by all indexes "*", no empty fields are shown.

If I search by a specific index that I know in fact is missing items, I get 0 for the count, and no index listed in the table.

0 Karma

mhouse3
Path Finder

How about this
| tstats count where index=* by _time span=1h | timechart span=1h max(count) as count | fillnull value=0 count

timechart by default (unless you specify fixedrange=f) creates a row for each time bucket from the beginning of the search period until the end of the search period. So, the timechart creates all the necessary rows, and then fillnull puts a 0 in all empty row.

0 Karma

mkarimi17
Path Finder

that doesn't really do it by index though. I tried using timechart before but couldn't get it to specify by index.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...