Splunk Search

Show count 0 on tstats with index name for multiple indexes

mkarimi17
Path Finder

I have a search:

| tstats count WHERE earliest=-2d@-3h latest=now index=* by index, _time | makecontinuous span=1h _time | eval count=if(isnull(count),0,count)

where the count is shown as 0 if there is no data, however I get an empty field for the index at that specific time. How can I search for every hour and every index and if index Y does not have any count to show:

index _time &nbsp count
Y 2017-09-03 00:00 0

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Give this a try

| tstats count WHERE earliest=-2d@-3h latest=now index=* by index, _time span=1h | timechart sum(count) as count by index limit=0 | fillnull value=0 | untable _time index count

View solution in original post

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Give this a try

| tstats count WHERE earliest=-2d@-3h latest=now index=* by index, _time span=1h | timechart sum(count) as count by index limit=0 | fillnull value=0 | untable _time index count

mkarimi17
Path Finder

thanks! that actually works but any idea why if I go back more than 4 days I lose the hour portion of the _time?

| tstats count WHERE earliest=-5d@-3h latest=now index=* by index, _time span=1h | timechart sum(count) as count by index limit=0 | fillnull value=0 | untable _time index count

when I do that, time only shows the dates. Realistically I am going back -30 days

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

My bad. I didn't set the span in timechart command so it was doing auto span based on number of points (which will be higher with longer timerange), try this version

| tstats count WHERE earliest=-5d@-3h latest=now index=* by index, _time span=1h | timechart span=1h sum(count) as count by index limit=0 | fillnull value=0 | untable _time index count

mkarimi17
Path Finder

Perfect! thank you

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...