Splunk Search

Setting up visual for Disk Space or Free Disk Space/Radial Gauge for Disk Space

carlyleadmin
Contributor

Hi,

This task was harder than i think or i do not know what i am doing(most likely).Basically i want to put up a nice dashboard(radial gauge) where it shows the disk space over time,or real-time.so if i had 200gb space and i have 30gb free would like to show that on the gauge and over time with progress whether that number goes up or down.cpuld be a percentage as well.i hope this makes sense.here is my WMI.conf file

[WMI:LocalPhysicalDiskInfo]
interval = 300
wql = select Name, FreeSpace, Size from Win32_LogicalDisk
disabled = 0
index = main

i guess the first question would be like,do i need additional WQL statements such as percentage disk space etc?

so this is my search query
index="main" sourcetype="wmi:localphysicaldiskinfo" Name="C:" |

and this is what i got in returnalt text

and result would be something like this if it is not too much work.

alt text

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

To get %, just do this:

index="main" 
sourcetype="wmi:localphysicaldiskinfo" 
Name="C:"
| eval pct = 100 * FreeSpace / Size

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

To get %, just do this:

index="main" 
sourcetype="wmi:localphysicaldiskinfo" 
Name="C:"
0 Karma

carlyleadmin
Contributor

Thanks for the quick response Woodcook. i am running this search now and when i try to put it in visualization but that is not working.can you tell me what i am doing wrong please.would this involve a complex search query to make visualization to work.below post mentions something like this https://answers.splunk.com/answers/568907/visual-chart-for-how-much-free-disk-space-is-avail.html

index="main" sourcetype="WMI:LocalPhysicalDiskInfo" Name="C:"|eval pct = 100 * FreeSpace / Size|timechart span=5m avg(pct) by Name

alt text

alt text

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Try this:

index="main" sourcetype="WMI:LocalPhysicalDiskInfo" Name="C:"
| chart avg(pct) by Name

Select Radial Gauge visualization and then select Trellis by Name field.

0 Karma

carlyleadmin
Contributor

Thanks Woodcock.That was it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...