Splunk Search

Setting up Enterprise Security as a SOC detection- Alert Investigation

Yadukrishnan
Explorer

Hi all,

I am currently configuring Splunk Enterprise Security for Alerts. I have a doubt in the implementation of this solution. 

I created a alert for Failed logins from Windows devices. If this alert is triggered, team is running some queries manually to collect more details such as the pattern of that user account in the past 30 days, or the servers to which the user account has logged in the past 30 days to identify a baseline or to investigate whether there are any anomaly in the usage of that account. My doubt is whether there are any way to automate this process. Like if the above alert triggers, then the subsequent queries which the team is currently running manually can be automated and show the results some where in the alert itself where the team can go and see either in tabular or graphical format. Could you please suggest a solution for this. 

Any input on how to set up Enterprise security as a SOC detection and workflow is much appreciated. 

Labels (5)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Yadukrishnan,

Yes, you can customize the investigation Dashboard adding a new and/or customizing an existing Workbanches

You can find tis feature at [Configure -- Content -- Content Management] menu item and choosing the Workbech Types.

It isn't so easy, I learned to do this in the Splunk Enterprise Security Admin course.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...