Splunk Search

Set a new time range using addinfo in search

nagar57
Communicator

I want to change the time range of my search by using addinfo. Below is my search query:

index =xxx sourcetype = xxx source="xxx/new_offers_web_*.log" Channel="web" Page="accthub" Placement="tiles" | lookup orch_time_range.csv as_of_dt as as_of_dt OUTPUT latest_dt,earliest_dt|addinfo|eval info_min_time=earliest_dt, info_max_time=latest_dt

latest_dt and earliest_dt are the fields in miliseconds being calculated in a lookup.
I am updating info_min_time and info_max_time. But still the time range is not getting changed.
Can someone help?

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@nagar57

You can not change time range using addinfo. If you want to filter event on the basis of range then you have to use lookup values in earliest & latest.

index =xxx sourcetype = xxx source="xxx/new_offers_web_*.log" Channel="web" Page="accthub" Placement="tiles" [ | inputlookup orch_time_range.csv | rename latest_dt as latest,earliest_dt as earliest | return latest earliest ]

Above is sample idea you have to update search as per your requirement,

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...